Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Going crazy

Anyone remember that old little song that goes...."I am slowly going crazy. 1,2,3,4,5,6 switch. Crazy going slowly am I. 6,5,4,3,2,1 switch?" Well, I haven't thought about it for probably 20 years, and it is in my head right now. So, I am getting a little nervous. eek. This school is nuts right now. Kindergarten classes are about to begin Friday (umm Friday?? that is an issue all in itself!), and they are just now trying to round up foreign teachers. Fantastic planning, isn't it?? As predicted, now they are asking Hannah and me to take a few of the kiddie classes like it is no big deal. I already have 6 classes, and they are at 5 different levels, so that means that I have to plan 5 separate lesson plans each day. I'd prefer not to have any more hours for my own sanity, even if it is overtime. So, to tell the truth, I am procrastinating working up the guts to say NO while I am typing up this lil bloggy poo. SHOOT! They just offered me some food and are being nice, so this is going to be hard. One more thought....apparently saying the English word "crazy" is bad here, because people take it literally even though it is usually meant it in a joking sense these days. The title of this blog, however, is intended to be literal.

5 comments:

Emily Allen said...

Hmm, don't remember that song, at all. Though, by the lyrics, I really do wish I did. I especially love the little play back. Wow, hahaha.

p.s. I just now looked at your school's website and, frankly, I was scared. That thing is intense. And what's the deal with the photo of the American-looking children??

carol p. said...

hey----does the front office read your blog.....that's the way you can tell them about not wanting to teach the kindergarteners.....and another thought. i really don't think you need much of a lesson plan for kindergarteners.

carol p. said...

almost forgot....i've never heard of that song either!?! jessica, is that a made up song....say, maybe made up by parents trying to use up time on drives to lake medina? just a thought.

jessica said...

Hmmm I guess either I was a psycho and made that up in my childhood, believing it to be a real song/chant, or I picked it up at Girl Scout camp. Neither option seems to be a good one. yikes.

Unknown said...

It was a Girl Scout song sung at camp and weekend troup campouts while hiking...I'm surprised it didn't come to you when you were hiking up the mountain! Or maybe you were distracted by your sore toe! Hey, teach the kindergarteners the song, and they can get English numbers and words at the same time and administration may take you off that assignment for good...