Saturday, July 28, 2007

This week in my dong



I made cookies with one of my classes. None of them had ever made cookies before. Can you believe that?!?!

Our school changed over to the summer schedule since the kids are on vacation from their elementaries. Now, instead of coming to academies after their normal schooling, they just go to the academies in the mornings. So I'm teaching from 9-5 for the next month. I vaguely remember working a schedule like that not too long ago.

I've been eating lunch with all of my coworkers each day since I'm there over the lunch period, so I've tried a lot of new places and foods. Today, the Korean teachers told me that they can't hear the difference between the names of two of our Canadian teachers - Lauren and Roland. It's funny that somehow those two people ended up in the same place, because their names do sound a lot alike if you can't differentiate R's and L's.

Paul left Busan for good. It won't be as funny without him. Poor MJ.



MJ and I witnessed a very strange thing on the subway: our car was completely filled with these little fruit flies, and the second we realized that, we freaked out and slipped into the next car. There must have been something dead or rotten. But the hilarious part was that we could watch through the window connecting the two cars, and we saw so many people freaking out and brushing themselves off and moving into our car. It was kind of like a real life candid camera.

I'm planning some travels for the near future, starting tomorrow actually.

And finally, it's really freaking hot and humid here now! I don't know if living in DC for the last two summers desensitized me from Houston weather, but I have been melting.

2 comments:

MY MAN PLAYS GOLF said...

Did you get a haircut? Don't tell me you lost The Rachel!!!

jessica said...

Haha yes!! I had to get rid of that thing.