Monday, December 10, 2007

My family is amazing!

I arrived at work today to find two boxes from home...one labeled for Christmas and the other for my birthday. All day people were commenting on them. The suspense was just too great when I finally got to my apartment (even people in the elevator said something about them), so I opened the Christmas one to find it full of little individually-wrapped gifts. There's even a sparkly Christmas tree and some red and green confetti. So I turned the box over, put the tree on top, spread some confetti around the tree, and put all the presents underneath it. So now I have a mini Christmas set-up. And of course I did all of this while Harry Connick Jr. was playing. There are even some little holiday snack goodies and hand-decorated cookies. So it's like they sent me a sampling of my family's annual traditions, which is so so so nice. THANK Y'ALL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guarantee that it was just as much fun putting it together as it is hearing how you are enjoying it!
Merry Christmas my sweet daughter!
We love you bunches!

carol p. said...

oh, what a sweet note. i'm so glad the boxes arrived safely. it was so fun watching julie and connie get so fired up about how many little things they could get in there. you bring us joy even when far away!

north AND south korea sure have been in the news lately. have you been part of the beach cleaning up programs? is the beach that you and tess went to full of oil? is it as bad as the news says?