I left Korea stressed and cold and ready for a change. Now I'm on the road in China, and I'd like to document the adventure, but this country likes to block blogging sites and I'm not around the internet as much, so here's your warning that it's going to be a little spotty.
So China...
It is just so impressive! Everything is big and old (in a good way). Beijing was endlessly interesting, and I packed my days with the tourist must-sees - Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, etc... Going around by myself has been much easier and more enjoyable than expected. Flew to Xi'an to see the Terra Cotta Warriors and more old Chinese things (you know I love anything remotely historic and educational!). Flew to Chengdu and met up with Rachelle. We explored the city, saw a giant Buddha and giant pandas. I told you everything is big. We just got in to her town, Kunming, this afternoon after a 19-hour overnight train ride with beds. So fun! We're hanging out here a few days before leaving on another overnight train for another Chinese province and then Vietnam, etc. I know this is short, but I have tons of stories to tell and pictures to show, so expect to hear a lot more when I'm back!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment