Tuesday, March 20, 2007

How bout unabashedly balling your eyes out?

Well I did. On Friday night (errr Thursday morning in the US - awkward!). Thanks to tibi, tracy, and metro jon for cheering me up while they were at work. It was just the Hannah thing mixed with missing people back home, mixed with not having a good cry here yet, mixed with red wine. Apparently, that all adds up to me crying at Hannah's apartment with about a dozen other people just chatting away. It was kinda funny actually. It's when you're crying, but you know how ridiculous you look, so you are laughing and crying. MJ and Hannah turned on a good song and did some weird dancing to cheer me up. I love those guys. I felt better in the morning and took a trip to the mountains for the weekend (Jirisan...look at the picture link; more details to come). Don't let the sun catch you crying, right?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could give you a biiiiigggg hug! We miss you too, but you are having a great experience and things will get good again.

carol p. said...

jessica....gotta love those infrequent crying meltdowns. reminds one of one's own humanity. i love that you went to the mountains the next day. nothing like the amorphins of crying that top the amorphins of crying. i'm sorry that you'll be losing hannah. noticed that julie(?)..i think it was julie that mentioned emily's school? emily won't be teaching at your school?
where is hannah going?

carol p. said...

should read b4 posting....meant to say....nothing beats the amorphins of crying like the amorphins of being in the mountains.

Emily Allen said...

i love your family. that means you carol p. and you julie! we won't be at the same school but we will be close enough to at least stop the crying. yay.

jessica said...

I love my family too. And I miss y'all badly! My next post is a family shotout to everyone back in TX....