Friday, March 09, 2007

Let's go enjoy wild herbs using trains


Since I've been here, I have been bombarded with new things. In a good way, of course. You can't help but be. The society here is based on an entirely different way of thinking. Now that I have been here for 2 months, I'm pretty much done with the culture shock thing. That means it's time to get serious about living. If you know me well, by that you know I mean that I want to do lots of traveling, exploring and cultural activities. I want to read lots of books and stay up-to-date with world news. (By that I mean reading the NYT, Nyer, Economist, and NOT watching CNN). I will run and do yoga everyday. I will go hiking on the weekends. I want to listen to good music and podcasts. Maybe even learn guitar. I want to go back to studying philosophy, now that I can enjoy it without the fear of having to write a paper. I want to take lots of pictures and videos. All the stuff I could never really fully do in the daily grind that was DC. I'm listening to Van Morrison right now, and the perfect lyric is on - I want to rock my own gypsy soul.

PS- About today's blog title, I was looking up train schedules and came across that link.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a girl after my own heart...listening to Van. That's probably one of the best things you learned from me actually! So did you take the train route that lets you enjoy wild herbs?

jessica said...

Yeah, I owe you big time for my obsessive love of good music. Haven't done the trip yet. I will probably wait for miss emily.