Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bus trip

Mara and I went to the bus station and randomly chose a place to go...destination Masan. Here's what we found there:

A democracy and protest movement memorial. To me it looked a lot like the Soviet-style art, which I haven't seen here before.




A reflection of the countryside against the industrial backdrop.



The Hite beer brewery. We tried to ask for a tour, but it didn't work.





A pretty flower shop.




The statue of liberty. All of those double barber poles translate to the presence of lewd behavior on the inside.



Look, Emily...they're using your CD idea!



We have no idea what this was. It seemed deserted, like the rest of the town.



We met a guy who offered to take us to the waterside area of town. He was really baffled that we wanted to check out Masan. It was fun for a day, but I have to admit I'm happy I don't live there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We loved your latest pictures. Guess What! I can now pull up your Korealism all by myself! Your mother and Carol taught me how. i will be able to do mo,re soon. As you can tell, my typing is a little rusty. love you, Grammaw

Looking forward to my visit! I have grandma here tonight for dinner, leaving tomorrow for Florida. I'll send some ideas of mine for Japan in an email.