I don't know why it's taking me so long to write these things now. I guess I've been preoccupied.
Two weekends ago, I went to the Busan International Film Festival. Mara and I didn't really know what we were doing so we picked a random movie from the schedule that day that wasn't yet sold out. We saw Lucky Miles, an Australian film that was actually quite good and even more interesting because the director was in the audience to take questions after the screening. In preparation for my return on Sunday, I did some research to pick a film that I would really want to see. I found out that there was a Gus Van Sant one called Paranoid Park which had won this big Cannes award this year. I actually remembered hearing a podcast discussion about it. So I went to that one and it was fab. I love festivals!
This past weekend, I went on a little bus trip with a bunch of other teachers organized by my recruiter. We left Saturday and went on a boat cruise on a lake (the Koreans broke out in karyoke while we admired the scenery), visited a temple with a huge gold statue, had a cook-out complete with s'mores, stayed in a country house, and visited a traditional village called Andong (there was an incredible mask performance). I had a great time hanging out with new people and getting inspired by their adventures.
I wish I could upload crap to show you, but my comp is so full and if you know me, you know that I am not a comp expert and have no interest in actually trying to fix electronic things. So you will have to forgo the accompanying pictures and videos for the time being. Apologies.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sis, pick up an external hard drive - it'll give you extra space for pictures and vids. You plug it into your USB drive.
Post a Comment