Thursday, June 07, 2007

Geography

In my class today one of the exercises asked the students to think of as many words as possible in the word "geography." Most of the kids didn't put in much effort and came up with "go," "he," "yo," etc. But my last class, my favorite class with Alice and Tim, was more amusing. I love that class because they actually think I'm funny. I started refering to one student as shrek because he has a bright green cast on his arm, and they almost died laughing. Anyway, Alice raised her hand and suggested the word "frog." I said, "well Alice, that's good, but there is no f in geography." It was really funny because she has developed short-term amnesia or something. She used to be fine at spelling, but in the last couple of weeks, she can't figure out the easiest words. This includes "English," which I feel like she should probably know. Then Tim suggested "rape." I just uttered, "that's scary, but ok." I realized he probably didn't know what it meant, and I certainly did not want to have to define it, so I added it to the list on the board and suggested "grape" as a kinder alternative. Oh and Tim also had a Bart Simpson shirt on, which is so perfect for him, and even cooler because that was the first I'd seen of the Simpsons here.

No comments: