Sunday, June 17, 2007

Texans invade Far East Asia

I've been m.i.a for a bit because I have just had 3 lovely visitors - my uncle Leigh, my cousin Tess, and my buddy ol' pal Tibi. I can't tell you how it felt to see them as soon as I stepped into the hotel lobby in Seoul: so wonderful, so surreal. I was really estactic to have them here. Here they are in front of the old entrance gate to Seoul. So many fun and funny things happened. The hotel gave us two suites for messing up the reservation right off the bat. We did a lot of exploring together the first Saturday. We ate a Korean breakfast in Namdaemoon Market, trapsed over to Insadong for some browsing and shopping, searched Itaewon for Leigh's favorite tailor (he had a brand new suit made), and enjoyed dinner and drinks in Hongdae. Here are MY pics...yep, I got a camera. woohoooo





making some kind of candy on the street




Starbucks, otherwise known as Starbucksu

We played around some more on Sunday - a French bistro for brunch, checking Leigh into the Hilton for his work week, a Chinese restaurant for dinner - then Tess, Tibi, and I jumped on the train for Busan.

































2 comments:

carol p. said...

I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS!
thanks soooooo much for showing my family the best time ever. their smiles show it all!
you're wonderful,
carol

jessica said...

It was my pleasure. so so so fun. I am the lucky one to have had them here!