I'm pretty sure I have a social disorder. Either that, or I'm a huge snob. On my walk home from work tonight, I saw two people I know and hid from them.
The first was a co-teacher I don't care for. I think I've talked about this person before (I'm being vague on the identity because it's just my luck to get caught writing this while we're still working together). This person loves all things Canada. This person constantly makes broad statements starting with "All North Americans..." This person speaks to students (and fellow English teachers) using broken English (i.e. "Why you like no pizza?") I don't think this person knows the concept of teaching by example. Anyway, I saw em and ducked into a convenience store.
Number 2. This girl lives in my building. She's Korean. Somehow our building man linked me up with her months ago to "practice English" with her. In other words, give free lessons. I got out of this, but was tricked into a lunch for which she insisted on paying. So, of course I felt guilty and we had to have another lunch so I could pay. She emails me. She gchats me. I am hoping to avoid her during the rest of my time here. Tonight I spotted her walking into the entrance to our building so I did an extra block.
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahaha, I also do this! I can't stand these 2 ladies I work with and I know they go to brunch at Grand Lux a lot. Well, yesterday I stupidly suggested Colton and I go there. I scanned the parking lot for their cars before going in, so I could avoid them if they were there. Luckily they weren't though, whew! Colton thinks I'm psycho.
I do it all the time. Plus you have joined facebook, so if YOU have a social disorder I'm scared to know what that says about me...
Post a Comment