Friday, November 30, 2007

Travel prep

Today is the last day of the month (HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!). It's weird because it was a year ago that I was freaking out about plans to come here. Now I'm antsy to go, but semi-freaking out about plans to leave. I'm making baby steps in the right direction...I got my Chinese and Vietnamese visas ready to go. I've been making an itinerary and checking it twice with Rachelle, my partner de voyage who is currently teaching in China. Here's the outline of our trip so far: we meet in Kunming, China (after I do Beijing and Xian), then Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore. We may also insert Laos and/or Brunei. It's open-ended, so there's not really a timeline, but we're guestimating about 6 weeks-ish. If any of you have thoughts/suggestions/advice, please let me know! I'm looking forward to beaches and tropical cafes with no KIDS. I sound like a parent. This excursion will be the perfect antidote for a quarter-life crisis.

No comments: