So, Friday night after work, a group of us went to an Indian restaurant - perhaps the only one in this city of 4 million. It was tiny, and I'm pretty sure we were the only customers all night, but the food was good. It was actually run by Indians, too. I thought it would be an Indian restaurant run by Koreans since there isn't too much diversity here. I noticed a sign in Arabic and attempted to read it, and when the Indians heard me trying, they thought it was great. Now I just need to learn to read Korean.
Saturday, I took the subway to an area of town called Sasang and did some walking around. There are two huge stores there, E Mart and Home Plus, with everything you could imagine. I even found some Anthropologie-esqe clothes there for cheap. As soon as I get my first paycheck, I'll know where to blow it.
2 comments:
chocolate cake? did you bake it? can you find chocolate cake in korean bakeries? did hannah bake it? life is in the details! am lovin' your bloggin'.
carol p.
Actually, it was a slice from a cake that one student's mother gave us. I've also received an apple, an orange, and an avocado. haha. I don't have an oven. :(
Post a Comment