One similarity between Texas and Korea: being a vegetarian makes you a freak of nature. But, I've been brave in trying all types of new foods so far, just hoping that I'm not biting into anything I don't want to, since it's a little hard to tell sometimes. Here we are at a traditional Korean retaurant on Friday night - many of the Korean teachers from my school and Hannah, the English (UK) English teacher. The food was fabulous. Those cylindrical things suck up the heat and smoke from the grills that are built into the table for cooking meat, seafood, and vegetables. The entire table was literally crammed with various dishes to try.
Hannah is teaching us a proper English toast with Korean soju.
The night was not over yet. We rented a karyoke room and sang our hearts out (that's Tyrone in the picture). Still doesn't beat that one night of Led Zeppelin in Fort Worth....
On Saturday and Sunday, I explored. In my neighborhood, Hwamyeong, on Saturday I got coffee at Dunkin Donuts and walked to the train station, the river, up the side of a hill, and down to the next subway stop. On Sunday, Hannah joined me for coffee, and we took the subway into a busier part of Busan, had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant and walked around. We found an Apple Store, TGIFridays, Starbucks, etc. I'm going to try to avoid those for now, but it's good to know they exist.
3 comments:
I love your blog! Lots of good information.
where are all the pictures of you singing!?!? ;)
i second tracy on that one. don't be shy...
"wo-man! youuuuuu neeeeeeeed..."
Post a Comment